Health and Safety
Health and Safety
At Sirus, the Safety and Health of all our employees, contractors and other stakeholders is our number one priority. As a minimum, we comply with all relevant Irish Health & Safety Legislation, namely the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005, Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations 2007 and the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006. It is our goal to ensure zero accidents and injuries in all aspects of our duties.
We are committed as a group to do the job right, first time, in a safe manner, whilst at the same time meeting customer demands. We will achieve and maintain the highest possible standards of occupational health and safety in compliance with the requirements of all Irish and European legislation as it pertains to our activities.
- To ensure Health & Safety is a daily consideration for all Managers and supervisor
- Provide a uniform and consistent Safety Management System across the Sirus Group.
- Train, inform and instruct all employees on every aspect of the Sirus Safety Management System to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure employees are aware of their own personal Health & Safety responsibilities to encourage positive working behaviours.
- To provide timely and effective Safety Consultations for all levels of the organisation.
- To co-operate with all other stakeholders to ensure all a consistent and uniform approach towards Health & Safety on site.
- Proactively control risk through the provision and development of a comprehensive Risk Assessment of all aspects of operations.
- Make available all applicable safety or protection devices, information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to generate a safe place of work.
- Carry out ongoing assessments of our operations through the medium of audits and inspections.
The Sirus group is committed to the continuous improvement of our Occupational Health & Safety System through the reduction of risk, effective risk control and constant review of safety performance.
Our Health & Safety Consultants, Phoenix Safety, form part of the Sirus Group. Also all Online Health & Safety Training is provided by EazySafe. Click in the logos below to visit their websites.